Day 50 – Rear Brakes

Today, I want to wrap up the rear brakes. Laid out all my parts on my bench. Installed the wheel cylinders. Then used a pair of vice grips to remove the brake shoe adjusters. They were in there pretty good! Once I got them out, I cleaned up the emergency brake levers, adjusters and brake shoe retainer rods with my wire wheel. Next, I used a screwdriver and a rag, and brake shoe cleaner to clean out the adjuster locations. Once that was done, I coated the adjusters with anti-seize and slipped them in. The rest of the assembly went pretty well except for the end part where I had to put the tiny aluminum caps and springs on the little rods that extend from the back of the brake drum through the center of each shoe. That was a bear! Glad it’s done…

 

 

IMG_20160730_122025

DSC_2016

IMG_20160730_123722728

IMG_20160730_211320

IMG_20160730_211337

IMG_20160730_211301

IMG_20160730_124557666_HDR

IMG_20160730_135302897



Share This:
twittergoogle_plusreddittumblr

Comments

comments

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Translate »