Day 50 – New Wheels and Tires

I rolled my 1969 Volkswagen around front so I could pull the wheels and tires off of that. I am planning on doing a full build on that as I turn it into a Baja but, that will be some time out. At any rate, I pulled the wheels off and set them up against my rail. I removed the wrapping off the rear brake housings so I could install the freshly turned drums. With the new drums on, I mounted the rear wheels. Turns out I didn’t have enough lug nuts to go around so I had to go out to Advance Auto Parts and buy a full set. It took me three trips back and forth, but I finally got the length and thread that I needed. Using all wheel locks all the way around. <p>So, it turns out…once the rear wheels were on, I noticed that the car sagged too much in the rear…I had to adjust the spring plates so that they were pointing down as far as I could get them without touching the torsion plate housing. This elevated the rear considerably. Previously, I had the spring plates so that they were level. That resulted in the car being real spongy in the rear and lowered it too much. Fixed that though! I also swapped out the bolts that I had put in the torsion tube mounts with new ones…I had stripped off the threads removing the bolts this last time. Wheels look so sweet on there, WOW!!! Much better!!!

IMG_20160730_170413442

IMG_20160730_181448657

IMG_20160730_175551960

DSC_2032

DSC_2033

DSC_2042

DSC_2055

DSC_2052



Share This:
twittergoogle_plusreddittumblr

Comments

comments

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Translate »